The Stroll for Well-Being Therapeutic Garden Walking program allows for participants to immerse themselves in the natural beauty, peace and serenity of the gardens.
Sessions & Dates About Counselors Essential Workers Study Testimonials Sponsors FAQs
Therapeutic Garden Walking Program
Morikami’s FREE Stress Reducing Therapeutic Walking Program
The benefits of therapeutic garden walks:
- Reduced feelings of sadness, hopelessness, fear and loneliness
- Greater feelings of acceptance, optimism and joy
Participants will receive*:
- A 1-year COMPLIMENTARY “dual” membership upon program completion (see application for details)
- Guided journal
- 3 online group meetings with facilitator (computer/phone + internet required to participate). Participants are encouraged to walk the gardens on their own time during museum hours.
- “Socially Distant” guided orientation (masks required)
Dr. Ruth McCaffrey, Professor of the College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University helped establish this transformative program at Morikami. A hand-selected qualified facilitator will lead participants through themed walks and journal writing to encourage reflection, and ultimately, personal well-being.
The Stroll for Well-Being 2022-2023 Program is sponsored in part by the Cornelia T. Bailey Foundation.
Sessions and Dates
Participants may choose their meeting day/time preference from either:
- WEDNESDAY meetings: ONLINE only
- SATURDAY meetings: IN-PERSON only
- Mornings (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Afternoons (1:30 PM – 3:00 PM)
|Fall 2022||Wednesdays (Online Only)||Saturdays (In-Person Only)|
|Orientation in garden||September 28 (9-10 am)||October 1 (9-10 am)|
|Meeting 1||October 5||October 8|
|Meeting 2||November 2||November 5|
|Meeting 3||December 7||December 10|
|Winter 2023||Wednesdays (Online Only)||Saturdays (In-Person Only)|
|Orientation in garden||January 18 (9-10 am)||January 21 (9-10 am)|
|Meeting 1||January 25||January 28|
|Meeting 2||February 22||February 25|
|Meeting 3||March 29||April 1|
Any questions or concerns please email the Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.