Therapeutic Garden Walking Program
Morikami’s FREE Stress Reducing Therapeutic Walking Program
The benefits of therapeutic garden walks:
- Reduced feelings of sadness, hopelessness, fear and loneliness
- Greater feelings of acceptance, optimism and joy
Participants will receive*:
- A 1-year COMPLIMENTARY “dual” membership upon program completion (see application for details)
- Guided journal
- 3 online group meetings with facilitator (computer/phone + internet required to participate). Participants are encouraged to walk the gardens on their own time during museum hours.
Dr. Ruth McCaffrey, Professor of the College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University helped establish this transformative program at Morikami. A hand-selected qualified facilitator will lead participants through themed walks and journal writing to encourage reflection, and ultimately, personal well-being.
The Stroll for Well-Being 2023-2024 Program is sponsored in part by Marilyn Rothstein and Taggart Bradley and Agnes LLC.
Sessions and Dates
Participants may choose their meeting day/time preference from either:
- WEDNESDAY meetings: ONLINE only (Afternoon meetings ONLY)
- SATURDAY meetings: IN-PERSON only
- Mornings (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Afternoons (1:30 PM – 3:00 PM)
|Fall 2023||Wednesdays (Online Only)||Saturdays (In-Person Only)|
|Orientation in garden||September 27 (9-10 am)||September 30 (9-10 am)|
|Meeting 1||October 4||October 7|
|Meeting 2||November 1||November 4|
|Meeting 3||December 6||December 9|
|Winter 2024||Wednesdays (Online Only)||Saturdays (In-Person Only)|
|Orientation in garden||January 10 (9-10 am)||January 13 (9-10 am)|
|Meeting 1||January 17||January 20|
|Meeting 2||February 21||February 24|
|Meeting 3||March 20||March 23|
Any questions or concerns please email the Project Coordinator at email@example.com.