Terms & Conditions
Please note that the use of this website (www.morikami.org) constitutes an agreement to abide by the following terms and conditions. Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- The text, images, and data on the Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens (“Morikami”) website (“the site”) are protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. Morikami retains all rights, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “materials”). Copyright and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, Morikami.
- The materials are made available for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Users may download these files for their own use, subject to any additional terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file or program. Users must, however, cite the author and source of the materials as they would material from any printed work, and the citations should include the URL “www.morikami.org.“
Morikami does not warrant that use of the materials displayed on the site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Morikami. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist’s heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
Copying or redistribution in any manner for commercial use, including commercial publication, or for personal gain is strictly prohibited.
- Many of the trademarks, service marks, and logos (collectively, the “trademarks”) displayed on this site are registered and/or unregistered marks of Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens. The trademarks of third parties may also be displayed on this site. Nothing contained in this site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks displayed on the site without the express written permission of the museum or any third party that may own the trademarks displayed on the site. Any unauthorized use of the trademarks or any other materials, except as authorized in these terms and conditions, is strictly prohibited.
- Without limiting the foregoing, all materials on the site are provided “AS IS” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Morikami assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your use of the site or your downloading of any materials from the site.
- Morikami has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to the site. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Morikami may at any time revise these terms and conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current terms and conditions.
For Online and Electronic Use
How We Use the Information You Provide
We use the information you provide to personalize Morikami’s website so that we can better meet your needs, fulfill your online order, facilitate customer service, and inform you of Morikami’s upcoming events, products or promotional offers. Our use of visitor information varies with the type of visit or transaction.
When You Register
You may use www.morikami.org without registering or submitting any personally identifiable information. However, registration on the morikami.org site enables you to maintain your contact information and sign up for exclusive online features such as free email newsletters, and member discounts. Registration in the Morikami Museum Store or on our donation page provides access to features such as your order history.
If you choose to register in any of these areas of the site, you will be asked to provide personally identifiable information that may include a user name and password, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and your membership number, if applicable. We store this information, along with your other preferences, on a secure server so that you need not re-enter it when you return to the website. You may review or change your account information at any time.
When You Make a Donation or Purchase a Membership
Morikami will ask you to provide personally identifiable information necessary to process and service your donation or membership purchase online, which may include your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, email address, and credit card number. Your credit card information will be temporarily stored on a secure server and used only for processing your online transaction. We will retain the personally identifiable information you provided for our records, and to facilitate customer service. Morikami never shares the personally identifiable information you provide when making a donation or purchasing a membership online, through the mail, in person, or by telephone with third parties for marketing purposes, except as required by law.
When You Shop in the Museum Store
The Museum Store will ask you to provide personally identifiable information necessary to fulfill your online order or catalog request, which may include your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, and credit card number. This is the same information requested when you place an order by telephone or through the mail. For online orders or catalog requests, we also require your email address so that you can receive order and shipping confirmation emails, and so that we can communicate with you if we have difficulty processing your order or request. When you make a purchase, your credit card information will be stored temporarily on a secure server, and we will retain the personally identifiable information you provided with your order for our records, to facilitate customer service, and to inform you of our products and promotional offers. If you are a registered customer at the Museum Store, your credit card information will be saved for the next time you shop with us, or you may select “Please do not save my payment details” on the Order Review page to opt out of this feature.
When You Purchase Tickets to Education and Cultural Events and Activities
Morikami will ask you to provide personally identifiable information necessary to process and service your ticket purchase, which may include your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, email address, and credit card number. Your credit card information will be stored temporarily on a secure server and used only for processing your online transaction. We will retain the personally identifiable information you provided for our records, and to facilitate customer service. Morikami never shares the personally identifiable information you provide when purchasing tickets through the mail, in person, or by telephone with third parties for marketing purposes, except as required by law.
When You Complete a Survey
Morikami occasionally publishes surveys on www.morikami.org or through a reputable third-party service provider. Your participation in these surveys is on a voluntary basis. We use the survey responses to improve our understanding of you, our visitors, and to determine how best to serve your needs. Information collected in these surveys is never sold, rented, or shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
Email Communication Preferences
Morikami regularly sends email newsletters to our registered visitors, and, on occasion, may send emails to other individuals in order to inform them of special events or promotions. Email recipients may opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in the email message. Website registrants may subscribe or unsubscribe at any time by changing their email preferences online.
If you email Morikami, your message and email address may be saved by Morikami. Any message, material, business information, ideas, concepts, or other information sent to Morikami by email will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
“Email a Friend” Feature
If you use Morikami’s “Email a Friend” or “Email This Event to a Friend” feature, your friend’s email address will not be retained or used in any way by Morikami. Morikami will not use the sender’s email address in any way unless permission to do so is specifically granted. The recipient’s email address will not be retained or used in any way by Morikami. We will not share these email addresses with any third parties for marketing purposes.
This website uses “cookies,” or small data files that are automatically sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies we use do not contain any personally identifiable information about you; they are generally used to gather information to analyze website traffic in order to improve our content and navigation, based on our visitors’ online behavior. You may choose to set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. Most areas of www.morikami.org will function without cookies, but cookies are required if you wish to register, sign in, or place items in your shopping bag. For an optimal experience with our site, we recommend that you allow cookies.
Children Under Thirteen Years of Age
Morikami takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under thirteen years of age.
Morikami makes every reasonable effort to ensure the security of transactions that occur on this website. To maintain data accuracy, prevent unauthorized access, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We utilize SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which encrypts our visitors’ credit card numbers, names, and addresses. Please be advised that when placing an online order through the Museum Store, your personal data will be protected in accordance with United States law.
Third-Party Service Providers
Morikami may engage reputable third-party vendors in order to help us manage our website, process transactions, and allow us to better respond to the needs of our visitors. Morikami requires its vendors to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information to which they are provided access, and restricts these vendors from using the information in any way without express authorization by Morikami.
Address: 4000 Morikami Park Road, Delray Beach, FL 33446
Telephone: (561) 495-0233
This policy was last updated June 17, 2014.