Morikami is an equal opportunity employer. There is no visa sponsorship available for vacant positions. Applicants must already have proof of legal status to work in the U.S.
The Graphic Designer is a full-time professional position within Morikami’s marketing team responsible for the design and development of the museum’s visual communication strategy. The desired candidate is a detail-oriented, motivated creative, with a confident sense of design and composition combined with an appreciation for art and culture. This position reports to and receives direction from the Director of Marketing & Events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintains and updates the museum’s style guide and serves as the point of contact for questions and application consistent with Morikami’s brand identity
- Ensures the agreed upon creative approach to institutional messaging is carried across multiple platforms, such as printed and digital collateral for events, programs, fundraising campaigns, facility rentals, retail, etc.
- Works closely with curatorial team to conceptualize design objectives for 2-3 annual exhibitions, including, but not limited to: title wall visual development, typography, exhibition banners, signage and labels
- Collaborates with marketing team to design email marketing campaigns, website graphics, social media visuals, festival brand implementation and lobby digital signage
- Works cross-departmentally to design various education department assets, museum calendars, event invitations, sponsorship decks, internal documents, general museum signage, branded items and other projects as needed
- Facilitates timely and appropriate approvals/feedback in order to meet deadlines
- Prepares all files for print production and works as liaison with printing company
- Maintains museum image and video libraries
- Assists with basic marketing event needs
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite with a strong emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop in a PC environment
- Proficient use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to retouch and manipulate photos and images
- Required to work occasional evenings and weekend events
- Experience working in museums and/or not-for-profits preferred
- Experience in video editing, photography and HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Must be organized and able to manage simultaneous projects effectively with a personal commitment to maintaining a collaborative work environment
- Ability to successfully prioritize, set, track and meet deadlines while using good judgment and remaining flexible under minimal supervision
- Must be proactive, reliable and possess excellent communication skills
Please email your resume and cover letter (with link to online portfolio or design samples) to Kizzy Sanchez, Director of Marketing & Events, at email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS, PLEASE.
Submission deadline: until position is filled