Morikami is an equal opportunity employer. There is no visa sponsorship available for vacant positions. Applicants must already have proof of legal status to work in the U.S.
Cornell Cafe – Kitchen Support Staff
Seeking a dependable individual with a positive attitude and helpful nature to fulfill general kitchen duties including, but not limited to:
- Preparing meal ingredients for the cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing, and properly storing ingredients.
- Performing safe and appropriate operation of all kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Assisting kitchen staff with the unloading of food and/or supplies from delivery trucks and storage areas (must be able to lift 50+ pounds.)
- Properly washing, drying, and storing all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments and cutting boards.
- Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety and hygiene codes and standards as specified by the Florida Department of Health.
- Keeping all work and storage areas organized and clean as per the food safety and hygiene codes and standards as specified by the Florida Department of Health.
- Adhering to all additional food safety and hygiene codes and standards as specified by the Florida Department of Health.
- Packing take-out orders as needed.
- Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
- Washing, mopping and sweeping the kitchen, hallway, and storage areas as required.
Additional requirements of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibiting a professional attitude and helpful demeanor when interacting with all staff and customers.
- Following directives from the restaurant owners and managers in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Refraining from cell phone or device usage while working.
- Ability to work variable hours as needed Tuesday through Sunday’s 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Ability to work variable hours outside of normal Museum business hours for special events.
Kitchen experience preferred, but not required.
Email resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
DIGITAL MARKETING COORDINATOR – Full-time position
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for conceptualizing and executing the museum’s digital marketing strategy. The desired candidate is a talented content creator with a deep passion for analytics, social media community development, a strong grasp on high-quality design principles and an appreciation for art and culture. This position reports to and receives direction from the Marketing Coordinator and the Administrator.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Email campaigns
- Works cross-functionally with other museum departments to gather and create content
- Designs e-blast templates and graphics
- Builds and updates email lists
- Website maintenance & development
- Maintains the integrity and usability of Morikami’s responsive design website
- Manages the calendar, online forms, e-commerce reporting, media library, product pages, etc.
- Manages the registered website user database and ongoing website development projects
- Social Media
- Updates social media content calendar and contributes to digital strategy planning
- Plans/researches/writes engaging content for social media and blog
- Monitors and joins conversations on social media platforms and peer review sites
- Monitors, tracks, and analyzes statistics for email campaigns, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and blog.
- Tracks website traffic and user behavior through Google Analytics
- Creates and administers post-event surveys and tracks responses
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- B.A. or B.S. in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong writer and communicator
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, Website Maintenance, and Microsoft Office, required
- Experience with Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey, and MailChimp preferred
- Experience working with a membership organization or not-for-profit a plus
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Must be organized and work efficiently with a personal commitment to maintain a collaborative work environment, both internally and with external advertising and PR agencies.
- Ability to prioritize, track and meet deadlines, use good judgment, remain flexible, and work under minimal supervision
- Must be proactive, reliable, and possess excellent communication and customer service skills
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Marilyn Kloo, firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls or “walk- ins”, please.
DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE – Full-time position
The Development Associate (professional) assists the Development department with the implementation of all fundraising campaigns including all special events, annual fund, acquisition mailings, membership recruitment, grant writing, and retention and customer service. This position reports to the Administrator.
Examples of RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist with an annual gala and work with the gala committees.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual fund solicitations per year.
- Coordinate the preparation of direct mail solicitations.
- Research and maintain potential funding prospects and pursue leads.
- Develop a fundraising plan for implementation and tracking measurement of progress, and then follow that plan.
- Works closely with the Board of Trustees to establish new Trustees appointments
- Works closely with Trustees and Committee members on a wide variety of projects and events.
- Other assignments as assigned by the Administrator.
Examples of SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of three years of fundraising experience.
- Superior writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer leadership and senior staff, as appropriate, in the cultivation and solicitation process for donors.
- Excellent research skills and understanding of the annual fundraising process.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detailed oriented, focused, results-oriented, self-starter.
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows including Excel, Word, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Experience with museum and garden organizations is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Salary based on experience. The Morikami Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume, and proposed rate/fee by mail, e-mail, or fax to:
The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
4000 Morikami Park Road
Delray Beach, FL 33446
No telephone calls or “walk- ins”, please.