Morikami is an equal opportunity employer. There is no visa sponsorship available for vacant positions. Applicants must already have proof of legal status to work in the U.S.
TOUR & GUEST RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
Full-Time Position – 40 Hours
The Tour and Guest Relations Associate reports to the Curator of Education and Interim Director of Development and Membership and will manage the coordination and scheduling of tours for adults and children, providing excellent customer service to museum members and visitors on our membership program, and provide support for membership data management. Must be available to work and assist evenings and weekend museum events as needed.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate and manage all reservations, questions, and customer service regarding tours.
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date schedule of monthly tours for the education department, docents and on the Morikami Calendar.
- Coordinate the scheduling of docents and the dissemination of tour materials (i.e. setting out appropriate forms and materials for prescheduled and public tours for docents to use).
- Works with the Volunteer Coordinator and Morikami Admission Cashiers in monitoring the daily conduct of docent volunteers, tours, admission procedures, and resolving any problems relating to these areas in consultation with the Curator of Education.
- Reviews and takes action on tour evaluation forms in consultation with the Curator of Education.
- Assist with docent meetings and training as directed by the Curator of Education
- Handles and disseminates information to potential clients on tour policies, payment, and reservation procedures.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator and Youth and Outreach Program Coordinator on Summer Tour Plus and MORY program tour reservations, payments, and volunteers.
- Keep accurate timely records, monthly attendance, and fiscal reports for all tour-related programs and membership data.
- Be knowledgeable about Membership to be able to answer inquiries pertaining to the museum’s membership program.
- Able to provide overall general information to visitors regarding museum programs, facility rentals, events, and refer other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Provides courteous and professional service as a point of contact for prospective members and existing members.
- Uses database program (Raiser’s Edge) to handle and access membership data and provide assistance with membership.
- Assist the Membership Coordinator with data entry, membership phone calls, and monthly renewal notices.
- Other duties as specified
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Two years tour coordinating/customer service experience or related experience plus.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and a willingness to learn various industry-related software programs. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Detailed-oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, proactive, reliable, and work efficiently.
- Ability to use good judgment, remain flexible, and work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, external clients, and the public.
- Experience working with a membership organization or non-profits is a plus. Knowledge of Japanese culture is a plus
Submission deadline: until the position is filled
No telephone calls or “walk- ins”, please.
MEMBERSHIP & GUEST RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
Part-Time, Seasonal Weekend Position
Under the guidance of the Interim Director of Membership and Development, the Membership Associate/Guest Relations is responsible for providing excellent customer service to museum members and visitors by answering general inquiries and having extensive knowledge of the facility, the membership program, and other services. Training will take place prior to the start date.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serves as the membership expert knowing all information pertaining to the museum’s membership program.
- Provides courteous and professional service to museum visitors that want to become a member and functions as the point of contact for members who have questions about their existing membership.
- Provides overall general information to visitors regarding museum programs, facility rentals, events and refers other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Uses database program (Raiser’s Edge) to look up membership information, print membership cards, and provide assistance with membership renewals.
- Assists membership department as needed.
- Saturday & Sunday are a must
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Windows & Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook. Raiser’s Edge is a plus
- Strong computer literacy & willingness to learn various industry-related software programs.
- Excellent leadership capability & customer service skills
- Must be organized, proactive, reliable, and work efficiently
- Ability to use good judgment, remain flexible, and work under minimal supervision
- Experience working with a membership organization or non-profits a plus
- A clear understanding of how data is an integral part of the Membership Office and passion for maintaining clean, consistent & accurate data.
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A strong dedication to the mission and culture of the Morikami
- A personal commitment to maintain a collaborative work environment
- High ethical standards
- Diplomacy and tact
- Perfect for a college student
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive hourly rate
Please email your resume and cover letter to Sharyn Samuels at email@example.com.
No telephone calls or “walk- ins”, please.
Cornell Cafe – Kitchen Support Staff
Seeking a dependable individual with a positive attitude and helpful nature to fulfill general kitchen duties including, but not limited to:
- Preparing meal ingredients for the cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing, and properly storing ingredients.
- Performing safe and appropriate operation of all kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Assisting kitchen staff with the unloading of food and/or supplies from delivery trucks and storage areas (must be able to lift 50+ pounds.)
- Properly washing, drying, and storing all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments, and cutting boards.
- Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety and hygiene codes and standards as specified by the Florida Department of Health.
- Keeping all work and storage areas organized and clean as per the food safety and hygiene codes and standards as specified by the Florida Department of Health.
- Adhering to all additional food safety and hygiene codes and standards as specified by the Florida Department of Health.
- Packing take-out orders as needed.
- Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
- Washing, mopping, and sweeping the kitchen, hallway, and storage areas as required.
Additional requirements of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibiting a professional attitude and helpful demeanor when interacting with all staff and customers.
- Following directives from the restaurant owners and managers in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Refraining from cell phone or device usage while working.
- Ability to work variable hours as needed Tuesday through Sunday’s 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Ability to work variable hours outside of normal Museum business hours for special events.
Kitchen experience preferred, but not required.
Email resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.