Morikami is an equal opportunity employer. There is no visa sponsorship available for vacant positions. Applicants must already have proof of legal status to work in the U.S.
FULL-TIME VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Administrator, and will manage the recruiting, interviewing, placement and assessment of all the volunteers. Must be available to work evenings and weekend events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Defines the organizational needs and responsibilities of the Volunteer Programs, develops, along with museum staff, volunteer job descriptions responsive to the need of the museum and recruit for the needs and positions of various departments.
- Attends Volunteer Services Committee meetings and serves as committee member at all County recognition events.
- Maintain all volunteer files and keep the records of their volunteer hours on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Provide a monthly volunteer report to Palm Beach County.
- Oversees volunteer activities, reviews and evaluates individual performances, and reassigns or terminates when necessary.
- Assist in the formulation of an annual Volunteer Program budget with Administration.
- Attends various Volunteer Fairs for recruitment purposes.
- Coordinates and conduct volunteer orientation training.
- Coordinates two volunteer recognition events at the Morikami: Yearly welcome back breakfast, and Volunteer lunch.
- Coordinates and supervise all volunteers for Morikami’s annual festivals and programs.
- Presents annual Volunteer report to Board of Trustees.
- Oversees daily operation of volunteers including: maintaining records of absence; obtaining (or acting as) backup
- Liaise with the Tour Coordinator on the scheduling and implementation of scheduling docents for tours and special programs.
- Facilitate requests from all departments for Volunteer assistance, whether routine or ad hoc special requests.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum Associates degree
- Two years volunteer coordinator experience or related experience
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Knowledge of principles, objectives and management techniques needed to coordinate a volunteer program
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing the conduct and administration of volunteer personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, volunteers, outside volunteer agencies, and the public
- Knowledge of Japanese culture a plus
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Knowledge of the county screening website Cervis a plus.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Bonnie LeMay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary based on experience. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS, PLEASE.
FULL-TIME FACILITY RENTAL COORDINATOR
The Facility Rental Coordinator serves as the onsite coordinator and Museum representative for most rental events and aids the Facility Rental Manager in the promotion and sales of our facility for weddings, corporate events, private fundraisers, private dinners, parties, etc. The position plays a critical role in building customer satisfaction through outstanding service. This position reports directly to the Facility Rental Manager and must work effectively with other Morikami staff including administrative, maintenance, development, finance, education and curatorial departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coordinates all aspects of large private facility rentals (weddings, private parties, corporate functions, etc.) – contracts, vendor suggestions, client interaction, rehearsals, and day of event coordination.
- Ensures that Museum rules and regulations are upheld during events and that proper safety and lighting provisions are planned for in advance and properly executed during the event.
- Facilitates sales and coordination of smaller daytime ceremonies in the Gardens.
- Facilitates the reservation of private photo sessions and serves as on-site contact during the event.
- Works in conjunction with the Palm Beach Film and Television Commission to secure private film sessions on property and serves as the on-site contact person during the event.
- Assists with audio – visual needs for private events.
- Provides professional and courteous service to all potential customers and contacts.
- Pursues and schedules appointments to meet with potential business leads for wedding and event opportunities.
- Completes and sends contracts to potential clients upon request.
- Accepts and follows appropriate accounting procedures to record payments.
- Responds to and follows up on all leads and contacts established via phone or internet.
- Responds to inquiries and updates photos and information as needed on advertising sites such as The Knot or Wedding Wire.
- Continually helps to assess menus, facility, and services and make recommendations to management as to how they can be improved based on feedback from guests.
- Performs clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Performs related work and special projects as directed.
- Adheres to a high level of standards and expectations regarding the Morikami’s appearance and overall general impression as received by Museum patrons.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Must possess superior customer service skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates correct usage of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and sense of professionalism.
- Exhibits good judgment and independent decision-making skills.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate the ability to work autonomously or with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and have the ability and willingness to learn various industry-related software programs.
- Able to acquire new skills in event related computer software programs.
- Flexible schedule – must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to manually lift 40 lbs. and use a hand-truck or dolly to move equipment.
- College experience required and event-planning skills preferred.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Alanna Keating, Facility Rental Manager, at email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS, PLEASE.