Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a full-time professional position responsible for conceptualizing and executing the museum’s digital marketing strategy. The desired candidate is a talented content creator with a deep passion for analytics, social media community development, a strong grasp on high-quality design principles and an appreciation for art and culture. In addition, this position provides an essential support role with annual festivals & provides insight for long-term marketing goals & objectives. This position reports to and receives direction from the Director of Marketing & Events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Designs various museum collaterals, signage and graphics on an as-needed basis
- Works cross-functionally with other museum departments to gather and create content
- Designs e-blast templates and graphics
- Builds and updates email lists
Website Maintenance and Development
- Maintains the integrity and usability of Morikami’s responsive design website and mobile app
- Manages the calendar, online forms, e-commerce reporting, media library, product pages, etc.
- Updates/creates website pages as needed
- Manages the registered website user database and ongoing website development projects
- Updates social media content calendar and contributes to digital strategy planning
- Plans/researches/writes engaging content for social media and blog
- Monitors and joins conversations on social media platforms and peer review sites
- Monitors, tracks and analyzes statistics for email campaigns, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and blog.
- Tracks website traffic and user behavior though Google Analytics
- Creates and administers post-event surveys and tracks responses
- Provides essential support in the planning and execution of Morikami festivals and Sushi & Stroll series of events
- Assists in budget management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- B.S. in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong writer and communicator
- Proficient use of Adobe Design Suite, WordPress, Website Maintenance and Microsoft Office, required
- Experience with Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and MailChimp preferred
- Experience working with a membership organization or not-for-profit a plus
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Must be organized and work efficiently with a personal commitment to maintain a collaborative work environment
- Ability to prioritize, track and meet deadlines, use good judgment, remain flexible and work under minimal supervision
- Must be proactive, reliable and possess excellent communication and customer service skills
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Kizzy Sanchez, Director of Marketing & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 561-242-6922. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens is an equal opportunity employer