Have a stake in our future – support Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens. Your contributions support exhibits, educational programs, lectures, demonstrations, and specialized training and maintenance of our Japanese gardens. Help us fulfill our mission by making an investment in our work.
The Annual Fund at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens provides a vital source of unrestricted income to support every facet of museum activity, from our educational programs, onsite and at schools, to maintaining and expanding the museum’s collection, to presenting diverse and thought-provoking exhibitions and lecture programs of the highest quality. When you make a gift of any size you are providing invaluable support for promoting Japanese culture and for the conservation, protection and presentation of Japanese art. What your 100% tax-deductible dollars support:
- Education: Our educational programs teach not only about the history, art and lifestyle of Japan, they also highlight the contributions and heritage of early immigrants to South Florida, and encourage children to seek similarities, as opposed to differences, in all foreign cultures.
- Exhibitions: We are the only museum in the nation devoted specifically to the arts and humanities of Japan, we strive to present innovative exhibits that further understanding and appreciation of all aspects of Japanese art and culture.
- Acquisitions: Morikami’s collections committee seeks additional funding to supplement our permanent collection of over 7,000 examples of Japanese fine art, crafts and objects of daily life.
- Conservation: Specialists from around the nation help us conserve and repair our valued collection. Your support of this crucial work will ensure our artifacts receive the care and attention they need.
- Cultivation: Our specially designed Japanese gardens serve as the background for our colorful festivals attended by tens of thousands of visitors yearly, while also providing healing environments utilized by thousands including those in the wounded warrior program. While there are hundreds of Japanese Gardens in North America, Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens ranks among the top.
Gifts in Honor or Memory
Celebrate a loved one with a gift to Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens. You can recognize a loved one while supporting the collections, exhibitions, and educational programs of Morikami. Your contribution will be acknowledged with a gift card informing the person being honored of your generosity and commitment, or if you wish to remember someone who appreciated Morikami during their lifetime with a memorial gift, your contribution will be acknowledged with a personal gift message to the family or friends you designate. For details, please contact Sharyn Samuels at 561-233-1316.
Helping to support the gardens, developing more cultural programs, and improving the lives of our community is made easy through our naming opportunities. You can honor a loved one by naming a space ( like the theater, main gallery, or the lobby), a spot in the garden (such as our front entrance garden, a bridge, gate, lantern, or bench), or even an event, festival or performance. For details, please contact Alanna Keating at 561-233-1304.
Planned gifts are an important part of Morikami’s development program. Over the years, bequests of all sizes have played an important role in the growth of Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens. Without George Sukeji Morikami’s vision and the gift of land, Morikami and its wonderful contribution to our community would not exist. Another significant bequest came from George D. and Harriett W. Cornell, for whom our renowned gardens and café are named. You can also help ensure that future generations are able to experience Morikami through a planned gift. For details, please contact Sharyn Samuels at 561-233-1316.
Corporations have a long tradition of investing in their local community by supporting the arts. We recognize that economic changes have caused companies to seek multi-faceted partnerships that benefit the community and help market their products or services to a specific audience. Strategic philanthropy is at the heart of the Museum’s corporate partner program. We work closely with our sponsors to build partnerships that provide valuable benefits to the community and increase a company’s visibility with key constituents. Our visitors represent a range of diverse and passionate groups that participate in Morikami’s varied year-round events. Let us build a sponsorship package to meet your specific demographic focus, and we will enthusiastically carry your message to the audience that suits you best.
- Three public festivals (January, April, and October) with a combined audience of 25,000 people.
- Rotating and permanent exhibits with diverse and thought-provoking themes, attracting some 200,000 visitors each year.
- Lectures featuring world-renowned presenters, partially funded by The National Endowment for the Humanities
- Concerts and special performances that feature artists from the U.S. and Japan.
- Youth programs enriching the lives of 8,500 children each year.
In return for providing critical annual support of our programs that serve diverse sections of the community, companies can enjoy many advantages including invitations to VIP events, use of the museum for corporate hospitality, discounts, and, most importantly, visibility. For additional information or to discuss a customized campaign for your company, please contact Sharyn Samuels at 561-233-1316.
Donate to our Collection
Thank you for your interest in donating objects to the permanent collection of the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens. The Museum is not accepting donations to the collection at this time. This moratorium is in effect until June 30, 2022. Please check back periodically for updates and donation guidelines.