For the safety of our visitors, please become familiar with our security policy:
Small bags/backpacks (no larger than 12x12x6), baby food, service animals, single collapsible lawn chairs, blankets, wheelchairs/medical scooters, strollers (all items are subject to inspection)
Items to Leave Home:
Large bags/backpacks, drones, coolers, outside food, outside drinks, pets, candles, airhorns, pyrotechnics, laser pointers, flashlights, illegal drugs, knives, firearms or explosives.
Morikami reserves the right to deny entry or remove from the festival anyone in violation of these policies.
- How can I buy tickets to Lantern Festival? Tickets are ONLY available online in advance. Tickets will NOT be available at the gate. Please visit our ticket page for full pricing schedule. Tickets are expected to sell out.
- When do the gates open and close? The event gates open at 3pm and close at 8pm. Please note that the museum and gardens are CLOSED until 3pm.
- Where are you located? We are located at 4000 Morikami Park Road in Delray Beach, just off of Jog Road between Linton Boulevard and Clint Moore Road. Click here to view map and directions.
- What happens if it rains? We are here rain or shine! Though the main museum building will be open for the evening, Lantern Festival takes place primarily outdoors. Be prepared to walk over grass and gravel. Lantern Festival is subject to Florida weather. Though the event starts in the cooler late afternoon, please remember to drink plenty of water and wear plenty of sunblock and bug spray to make your visit more comfortable. The Museum Store will have paper fans, bug wipes, cold bottled water, ponchos, and sunblock available for purchase the day of the festival.
- Do you have activities for kids? Yes, there will be children’s activities and games for the young (and the young at heart!) to enjoy.
- Do you have first-aid available? Yes, first-aid will be available on site and indicated in the event program map.
- Do you provide wheelchairs for guests? Unfortunately, we are unable to provide wheelchairs for guests at Lantern Festival. We encourage guests in need of wheelchairs to bring their own on festival days. Though the main museum building will be open for the evening, Lantern Festival takes place primarily outdoors. Be prepared to walk over grass and gravel. Outdoor entertainment is wheelchair accessible.
- Can I bring chairs and blankets? We do allow chairs and blankets into the event but they cannot be left unattended at any time per our security policy.
- Do you accept credit cards at Lantern Festival? Credit cards are accepted at the food & beverage ticket station, Lantern Sales, the Museum Store and the Cornell Café. However, the cash only lines move more quickly than the credit lines as our credit card machines rely on remote satellite signal. We suggest bringing plenty of cash or using one of the on-site ATM machines. There are two located on site and indicated in the event program map.
- Can I purchase a lantern in advance? Lanterns cannot be purchased in advance. Lanterns can only be purchased at the event and cost $12 each (payable by cash or credit).
- Is the museum open the day of Lantern Festival? The museum will be closed until the event start time (3pm) as we prepare for the festival.
- Are the gardens and museum open? Yes! On festival day you can experience the gardens PLUS all of the other activities we have planned for this special day. However, the museum galleries will be closed in order to protect the integrity of the artwork against extreme temperature changes.
- Can I bring my pet? Unfortunately, pets are not allowed inside the festival grounds, museum or gardens. Documented service animals are permitted, but must be leashed at all times, as per the Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control Ordinance.
- Do members get in free? Members have access to a limited amount of tickets before they go on sale to the public but do not get free admission. For more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If I’m a member, do my guests get in free? If you’re a member and plan to bring guests to Lantern Festival, guests MUST purchase their tickets in advance. Please note that guests who are not covered by your membership must purchase general admission tickets. Tickets will NOT be available for purchase at the gate.
- When is member pre-sale? Please check our ticket page for pricing and schedule.
- Can I become a member at the festival? Yes – and you’ll get 10% off the membership PLUS a free gift! However, purchasing a membership at the event does not grant you access to Lantern Festival. You must purchase tickets in advance, as there will be NO tickets sold at the gate. Full membership benefits can be found here.
- How many tickets may I purchase for Lantern Festival? If you are a museum member and are purchasing during member presale, you are entitled to purchase as many tickets as your membership level allots. During general admission, only 10 tickets will be allowed to be purchased by one person.
- What do I need to bring to get in to Lantern Festival? Please bring a print-out of the ticket that was sent to you via email.
- Do kids get in free? Children 3 and under are admitted free. You must purchase a child ticket for anyone ages 4-10, or an youth/adult ticket for anyone age 11 and over online in advance. Tickets are not available for purchase at the gate.
- Do you have group, student, senior citizen or military discounts for tickets? Sorry, no discounts are offered for festival admission.
- Can I get a refund for my online ticket if I can’t attend? Unfortunately, ticket sales are final and non-refundable. General admission tickets are transferable so you can give them to someone else – please make sure they bring the actual print out of the ticket.
- Can I sell my Lantern Festival ticket? In an effort to protect our guests from unauthorized ticket sales, please note that pursuant to Florida Statute 817.36, tickets purchased for Lantern Festival cannot be resold for more than $1.00 over the original admission price. Additionally, Morikami is not responsible for tickets purchased from third parties – only tickets purchased directly from us (through eventbrite) are guaranteed.
- How does parking work and how much does it cost? Parking is FREE and our on-site staff will direct you to an available space.
- Is there handicap parking? Yes, handicap parking is available. Please bring your handicap decal and display it visibly on your rearview mirror. Though the main museum building will be open for the evening, Lantern Festival takes place primarily outdoors. Be prepared to walk over grass and gravel. Outdoor entertainment is wheelchair accessible.
Food And Drink
- Can I bring my own food and beverages? We do not allow any coolers on the festival grounds. However, we have plenty of food and beverage vendors inside the festival.
- Do you sell alcohol? Yes, we have beer, wine, and sake available on-site.
- Will the Cornell Café be open? Yes, the Cornell Café is open and serving from a special festival menu. No reservations are accepted for special events.
- What kind of food is available on the grounds? Pan-Asian and American, as well as Japanese street fair favorites will be available.