Following social distancing guidelines, you will find some things have changed when you arrive at Morikami…
- In accordance with the most recent CDC recommendations and the directive from Palm Beach County, effective Tuesday, May 18, 2021, all fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a mask inside County buildings. The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens is a County owned and operated facility. Fully vaccinated equates to a person receiving both shots of Moderna or Pfizer and beyond the 14 day incubation period after the second shot or the J&J one shot vaccine beyond the 14 day incubation period. However, the CDC recommends that individuals who are not fully vaccinated continue to wear masks indoors and in large crowds.
- Education programs will continue at a reduced capacity, applying social distancing and sanitizing measures, and encourage regular hand washing. The Morikami recommends mask wearing in our programs when interacting with others if you are not sure others have been fully vaccinated.
- We suggest wearing sunscreen, bringing plenty of water and an umbrella to protect you from both the sun and summer rain.
- To ensure a safe experience we will only be accepting payment in the form of credit and debit cards.
- We encourage you to check out our self-guided audio tour at www.morikami.org/tour.
- The Yamato-kan is temporarily closed to visitors. Click here for information on our exhibition galleries.
- The Cornell Cafe will be serving from a limited menu, using disposable containers and utensils. We kindly ask that no substitutions are requested. Seating will be limited and only available on the outdoor terrace on a first come, first served basis.
- The Morikami Museum Store will be open regular operating hours from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- All photography and videography sessions must be scheduled through our Facility Rental Department.