VIRTUAL ONLINE CLASS (This season only due to Covid)
This concluding level uses more complex sentence structure and introduces new kanji and a review of kanji from previous levels. Topics and grammar points include, but are not limited to, using quotations, expressing potentiality, and making hypothetical statements.
Each level has 3 parts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) which should be taken sequentially before you can move on to the next level.
Days: Sundays, 8-week sessions
Time: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Dates & Content
- Dates: Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22 (60 minute session)
- Content: kanji, Unit 3
- Description: This course continues from the completion of the Nihongo: Japanese Language Level III series of classes. It provides further exploration into the Japanese language and culture.
- Dates: Jan. 3, 17, 24, 31, Feb. 7, 14, 21, 28 (60 minute session)
- Content: kanji, Unit 4
- Description: This course continues from Part 1 Japanese Language Level IV class series (October – November above).
- Dates: Mar. 7, 14, 21, 28, April 11, 25, May 2, 9 (60 minute session)
- Content: kanji, Unit 5
- Description: This course continues from Part 2 Japanese Language Level IV class series (January – February above). Students in this course will be introduced to writing and reading kanji and finish the required textbook.
- 8-week Session: $110 ($100 members)
Note: Class sessions run 8-weeks and are purchased as a “session only,” not individual classes.
- This will be a VIRTUAL CLASS using Zoom Conferencing.
- You will need to have a dedicated connection to the internet and the use of either a computer or tablet.
Please know a mobile phone screen is too small for the use of this course.
- Japanese for Busy People II (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568363868
- Japanese for Busy People II workbook (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568364025
Both books should include the CD. Please bring with you on the first day of classes.
For questions determining your level, please contact: Lisa Niven, Education Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Textbooks are not carried by the Museum Store
Meet Your Instructor
Nihongo: Introduction to Japanese Courses
Nihongo: Introduction to Japanese is a beginner and lower intermediate program teaching Japanese speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Students are introduced to Japanese culture and lifestyles through lessons and conversation. Levels I and II use Japanese for Busy People I and levels III and IV use Japanese for Busy People II.
- Class sessions run 8-weeks and are purchased as a “session only”, not individual classes.
- Each level has 3 parts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) which should be taken sequentially before you can move on to the next level.
- Level I can be taken as a class or as a workshop. Click Here for workshops.
- Diligent self-study is necessary to get the most out of these classes.