VIRTUAL ONLINE CLASS (This season only due to Covid)
This level includes more expressions and sentence structures and introduces katakana reading and writing. Topics include, but are not limited to, visiting a Japanese home, business, and socializing.
Each level has 3 parts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) which should be taken sequentially before you can move on to the next level.
Days: Sundays, 8-week sessions
Dates & Content
- Dates: Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22 (60 minute session)
- Content: Introduction to katakana, Units 6 & 7
- Description: This course continues from the completion of the Nihongo: Japanese Language Level I series of classes. It provides further exploration into the Japanese language and culture.
- Dates: Jan. 3, 17, 24, 31, Feb. 7, 14, 21, 28 (60 minute session)
- Content: Continue katakana, Units 8 & 9
- Description: This course continues from the Part 1 of the Japanese Language Level II class series (October-November above).
- Dates: Mar. 7, 14, 21, 28, April 11, 25, May 2, 9 (60 minute session)
- Content: Complete katakana, Units 10 & 11
- Description: This course continues from the Part 2 of the Japanese Language Level II class series (January-March above).
- 8-week Session: $110 ($100 members)
Note: Class sessions run 8-weeks and are purchased as a “session only,” not individual classes.
- This will be a VIRTUAL CLASS using Zoom Conferencing.
- You will need to have a dedicated connection to the internet and the use of either a computer or tablet.
Please know a mobile phone screen is too small for the use of this course.
- Japanese for Busy People I Kana Version (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568363851
- Japanese for Busy People Kana workbook (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568364018
Both books should include the CD. Please bring with you on the first day of classes.
For questions determining your level, please contact: Lisa Niven, Education Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Textbooks are not carried by the Museum Store
Meet Your Instructor
Nihongo: Introduction to Japanese Courses
Nihongo: Introduction to Japanese is a beginner and lower intermediate program teaching Japanese speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Students are introduced to Japanese culture and lifestyles through lessons and conversation. Levels I and II use Japanese for Busy People I and levels III and IV use Japanese for Busy People II.
- Class sessions run 8-weeks and are purchased as a “session only”, not individual classes.
- Each level has 3 parts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) which should be taken sequentially before you can move on to the next level.
- Level I can be taken as a class or as a workshop. Click Here for workshops.
- Diligent self-study is necessary to get the most out of these classes.