Bring the whole family and delve into the world of Japanese folklore or stories through kamishibai paper theater. Join us for a reading of these classic stories and learn more about the celebration of our festivals. Reading starts on the hour with a short related activity to follow.
- Family Fun days are FREE with paid museum admission. (Unless otherwise specified)
- Pre-registration is not required.
- October 3, 2019: George’s Journey
Learn about how the Morikami came to be, and why the Lantern Festival is so important.
- January 2, 2020: How the Years Were Named
In Japan, each year belongs to one of 12 different animals in a cycle. Listen to the tale of how this tradition came to be.
- April 2, 2020: The Old Man Who Made the Trees Bloom
Come hear the bittersweet tale of magical spring flowers in memory of a faithful dog.