PART TIME SEASONAL SALES POSITION
We are seeking a high-energy individual for immediate employment to assist in the Museum Store as a sales associate. This is part time seasonal position – up to 22.5 hrs per wk. through mid-May- with the potential opportunity for occasional employment throughout the year.
This position requires:
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all transactions and paper work and money handling. Ability to multi-task.
- A passion for Japanese culture & the ability to communicate effectively to our visitors about our museum & our unique merchandise
- Strong computer skills to operate cash register & computer system.
- Daily stock replenishment & inventory counts as directed and needed.
- Help to unpack and pack merchandise, as required. Help to ticket and organize merchandise.
- At least 1 weekend day per week is required. Flexibility in your scheduling is preferred.
- Must be able to work at each of our festivals (3), Occasional evening events throughout the year.
- Prior retail experience preferred but not required.
Please note that this position requires the ability to be “on your feet” for each 7 ½ hour shift plus some climbing of stairs & ladders, bending, stooping and lifting boxes (at least 25 pounds).
Those interested in being considered for these positions should email their resume to
No telephone calls or “walk- ins”