- Advance ticket sales have ended but tickets are still available at the gate!
- At the Gate: Adults $15 (ages 11+), Children $10 (ages 4–10)
- FREE for Morikami members and kids 3 and under
Happening @ Hatsume
- Taiko drumming
- Avenues of arts & crafts vendors
- Anime @ Hatsume featuring our costume & fashion show contests
- Japanese craft activities and games
Pick up your exclusive Hatsume t-shirt from the Fine Print Shoppe in the Anime Arena! Bring your own shirt and your first screen print is free, $5 per shirt after, or you can buy one on the spot for $10! The 2017 design is by Brian Reedy:
- Online advance ticket sales have ended but tickets are still available at the gate!
- Tickets at the gate: Adults $15 and Children $10 (ages 4-10).
- FREE for children 3 and under
- Museum members do NOT need to purchase tickets in advance. Please present your membership card and valid ID at member’s admission the day of the festival and your admission is FREE. Click here to become a member today!
- Student and senior discounts are not available for this event.
- Hatsume Fair is a rain or shine event.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Food and Beverage Tickets
In order to accommodate the large amount of guests at the festival, festival food vendors, the beer garden and sake station accept only food and beverage tickets as payment. Food and beverage tickets are available for purchase on festival grounds. Each ticket is equal to $1 and may be purchased by cash or credit card. ATMs are also available on site. Click here for a full menu of our festival food offerings. The Cornell Café accepts food and beverage tickets in addition to cash.
Kirin Beer Garden
Stop by the Kirin Beer Garden, located on festival grounds, featuring one of Japan’s most prominent and respected breweries. Its history dates back to 1888 and in that time the name Kirin has become synonymous, in Japan and around the world, with beer of the highest quality. Choose from a selection of Kirin Light or Kirin Ichiban available in bottles and on draft.
The open-air café serves Pan-Asian classics on a terrace overlooking the gardens. The Cornell Café will offer an abridged a-la-carte menu during the festival, but on regular days you can try any of the full menu’s delectable offerings.
Our Sake Station, courtesy of Stacole Fine Wines, offers a variety of premium Japanese sake as well as tasting notes. Can’t choose just one? Our Sake Flight lets you try three!
Festival Food Vendors
On festival grounds, enjoy a variety of Japanese street fair food favorites cooked on site by our festival food vendors.
Happening @ Hatsume
Experience the roar of taiko at performances by South Florida’s premier taiko drumming groups: Ronin Taiko and Fushu Daiko. Catch Ronin Taiko on Saturday, and Fushu Daiko on Sunday. Also, don’t miss the costume contest (Saturday) and fashion show (Sunday) on the Taiko stage! Whether you’re just there for the show or in it to win it these contests are a blast!
Our indoor (located in the Morikami Theater) Martial Arts Stage features martial arts demonstrations from a wide variety of ancient disciplines. These demonstrations will give you an introduction to a variety of styles and showcase local students of all ages.
All Weekend Long
Enjoy a variety of anime offerings, shop an array of anime vendors and dealers, take a picture with your favorite anime characters and superheroes, and strut your stuff at the costume or fashion show contests on the Taiko Stage!
Shop dozens of artisan, craft and plant vendors on festival grounds and Morikami’s distinctive Museum Store – including the Sweet Shop – inside the museum building.
Kids’ Zone @ Hatsume
Check out our festival activities area—by the stages—for festival games, Japanese crafts for the whole family and more!
Hatsume brings you anime vendors and artists as well as our annual Costume Contest and Fashion Show!
Costume Contest & Fashion Show
Please read the rules and guidelines below:
Hatsume Fair 2017 vendor applications are now closed!
Arts & Crafts Vendors at Hatsume
Morikami welcomes a variety of plant and craft vendors to Hatsume Fair each year. Our vendors offer a variety of handcrafted items including jewelry, handbags, home decor, artwork, toys and more. Our plant vendors offer a selection of bonsai trees, orchids, and other rare flowers. We’ll also welcome a variety of Anime Dealers, rounding out the Hatsume Marketplace as a varied and exciting shopping experience! Vendors do not necessarily accept credit cards. ATMs are available on site.
For Selected Vendors:
EVENT SET UP AND BREAKDOWN
- Participants are strongly encouraged to set up on Friday, March 31, between 12:00pm and 4:00pm. Participants are not permitted on the grounds after 4:00pm on Friday, March 31.
- Vendor check-in will re-open at 7am on Saturday, April 1 and all booths must be completely set up before 9:30am that day. Vendors will be allowed on festival grounds at 8:30am on Sunday, April 2.
- Breakdown begins after 5:00pm on Sunday, April 2 and must be completed by 7:00pm. Tents cannot be broken down for any reason before this time.
- As a vendor, you are committing to bring enough product to last for the duration of the festival. Please try to estimate this amount to the best of your ability.
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
Delray Beach, Florida 33444
Located within one mile of the beach, Hyatt Place offers a seamless travel experience for those visiting Delray Beach during Hatsume Fair weekend! Just steps away from Atlantic Avenue and the Pineapple Grove Arts District of downtown, our exclusive hotel partner gives you easy access to quality and simple essentials whenever you need them.
Group Name: Hatsume Fair
Rates:King Deluxe/Double Queen Deluxe Room – $189.00/$199.00 plus 13% tax per night
Dates: March 29th—April 4th, 2017
Group Code: G-HATS
Cutoff Date for Reservations: March 8th, 2017
For Reservations guest can call toll free 1-888-HYATT-HP (492-8847), and ask for the Hatsume Fair rate, or book below with the code G-HATS!
- What is Hatsume?
Hatsume celebrates the first bud of spring at Morikami. 2017 marks our 38th annual celebration. Over this weekend festival we present a variety of entertainment from taiko drumming to costume contests. As a signature of Hatsume Fair, we welcome more than 30 artists, craft and plant vendors as well as anime and comic dealers.
- When do the gates open and close?
The event gates open at 10am and close at 5pm on both days.
- Where are you located?
We are located at 4000 Morikami Park Road in Delray Beach, just off of Jog Road between Linton Blvd. and Clint Moore Rd.
- What happens if it rains?
We are here rain or shine!
- Do you have activities for kids?
Yes, we have plenty! Kids can enjoy games, craft activities and more.
- What’s a costume contest?
For seven years and counting, visitors have come to Hatsume decked out as their favorite anime characters to compete in our Cosplay Contest. In a costume contest, participants just show off their costume, no play-acting required. The costume contest will take place Saturday. We will also hold a fashion show for participants to show off their best lolita, decora, anime and kimono-inspired outifts on Sunday.
- Where can I find out more about entertainment at Hatsume?
Visit the To Do section of the Hatsume page to learn about the entertainment offerings on all of our stages.
- Do you have first-aid available?
Yes, Delray Medical will be on site to administer first-aid.
- Do you provide wheelchairs for guests?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide wheelchairs for guests at Hatsume. We encourage guests in need of wheelchairs to bring their own on festival days.
Admissions And Parking
- How much are tickets? When do you stop selling advance tickets?
Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for kids when purchased online and in advance. Online ticket sales end the Friday before the event. Tickets at the gate are priced as follows:
– $15 for adults (ages 11+)
– $10 for kids (ages 4-10)
– FREE for members and kids 3 and under
- If I bought my ticket online, what do I need to bring to the festival?
If you bought your tickets online, bring a print-out of the ticket that was sent to you via email. You may also show us your ticket on your mobile device. If you are unable to print or locate your ticket, you may also bring a photo ID to the advance ticket purchase line and we will look up your order.
- Do members get in free?
Yes! Members get in FREE – all you have to do is bring your membership card. The same membership guest benefits that apply to you on a regular day apply on festival day.
- If I’m a member, do my guests get in free?
It depends on your level of membership. The same membership guest benefits that apply to you on a regular day apply on festival day. Need help figuring out who’s covered on your membership? Email or call our membership department at 561-233-1315.
- Can I become a member at the festival?
Yes, if you join at the festival you get one extra month (13 month membership) and you get in FREE to Hatsume that day.
- Do kids get in free?
Children 3 and under are admitted free, otherwise children ages 4-10 pay $10 at the gate.
- Do you accept credit cards?
Credit cards are accepted at the admissions gate, at the food & beverage ticket station, and the Museum Store. Credit cards are no longer accepted at the Cornell Café. While some vendors accept credit cards, many of our vendors only accept cash. We suggest bringing plenty of cash or using one of the on-site ATM machines. There are three located on site: at the anime arena, sake station, and lobby.
- Do you have student, senior citizen or military discounts for tickets?
Sorry, no discounts are offered at festivals.
- Can I get a refund for my online ticket if I can’t attend?
Unfortunately, online ticket sales are final and non-refundable. However, your tickets are transferable if you would like to give your tickets to someone else.
- How does parking work and how much does it cost?
Parking is FREE and our on-site staff will direct you to an available space.
- Is there accessible (handicap) parking?
Yes, accessible (handicap) parking is available. Please bring your disabled parking decal or permit and display it visibly on your rearview mirror.
Food And Drink
- Can I bring my own food and beverages?
We do not allow any outside food or coolers on the festival grounds. However, we have plenty of food and beverage vendors on festival grounds.
- Do you sell alcohol?
Yes, we have beer, wine, plum wine and sake available on-site. We ID.
- Is the Cornell Café open?
Yes, the Cornell Café is open and serving a special festival menu. Click here for the complete menu.
- What kind of food is available on the grounds?
San Francisco Puffs and Stuff, our festival food vendor, offers both Pan-Asian and American classics.
- Who are your vendors?
We welcome plant and craft vendors as well as anime dealers to Hatsume each year. Craft vendors’ merchandise must be hand-crafted. We also reserve a limited amount of tables under our anime tent for aspiring artists to sell their original prints, paintings, comics, etc. Artist tables are not open to artists who sell clothing and accessories.
- How can I become a vendor at Hatsume?
If you are a plant vendor, anime dealer, artist or craft vendor who makes and sells original work. Our vendor applications are available online in advance of the festival. Please check the vendors tab for more info.
- I would like to be a vendor. Is it too late?
Applications will be accepted until March 24. Applications received after March 3rd will be subject to a $25 late fee. Anime vendors can apply here, and art and craft vendors can apply here.