Morikami provides a distinctive venue for the most discerning hosts. There are romantic sites in the gardens that are ideal for a variety of ceremonies, and Morikami offers many different packages to accommodate parties large and small. In addition, the gardens, which feature several Japanese bridges, waterfalls, and other beautifully landscaped areas, offer a unique backdrop for formal portrait photography.
Larger gatherings are held after 6:30pm when the museum has closed to the public. Our wedding package can accommodate up to 150 guests, with space for entertainment and dancing in our Japanese Ashwood lined foyer or outside on the multi-level terraces. A permanent tented area is also available for gatherings greater than 150 people.
- Exclusive use of the Morikami terraces, lobby, and theater, along with portions of the Gardens from 5:30 p.m. until midnight on the event date. Events held on a Monday may be subject to an alternate time frame.
- Use of two dressing rooms beginning at 3:00 p.m. on date of event.
- A children’s room set-up with television and DVD player.
- A wedding rehearsal at the Morikami beginning at 3:30 p.m. the day before the wedding.
- Use of the Roji-en: Garden of the Drops of Dew for formal portraits.
- 15% DISCOUNT on all purchases in the Morikami Museum Store prior to the event date.
- Two members of the Morikami facility rental staff on site throughout the duration of the event.
- Complimentary one-year Dual membership to the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens for the bride and groom as a wedding gift. Membership includes many valuable benefits and savings that may be used throughout the year.
All bookings are subject to the Morikami Museum’s full Rules and Regulations, which must be read, signed, and returned with the booking contract (Facility Use Agreement.)
Roji-en: Garden of the Drops of Dew provides a beautiful and unique setting for weddings or commitment ceremonies. The Garden Ceremony package is ideal for smaller daytime ceremonies of 35 guests or less.
- Access to Morikami’s gardens for formal portraits during operating hours: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the date of the event.
- Choice of four locations within the Gardens that will allow up to 35 guests to assemble for an intimate ceremony. Additional locations may be available for groups of 10 or fewer.
- One or more dressing areas (subject to availability).
- Facility Rental staff to check in all guests and direct them to the ceremony location.
- Admission to the museum and gardens for all guests on the day of the event.
- Two complimentary admission passes that may be used to gain access to the gardens for planning purposes once the event is booked. (May not be applied toward day of event guest list)
Locations For gatherings of greater than 10 guests, three areas of the gardens are available for a garden ceremony.
- The north-west corner of the Yamato-Kan (marked 23 on the garden map)
- Rocky Point (marked 24 on the garden map)
- Morikami Falls (marked 25 on the garden map)
Gatherings with fewer than 10 guests may be able to assemble for a short period of time at alternative locations within the gardens (subject to approval from Facility Rental Department.) All bookings are subject to the Morikami Museum’s full Rules and Regulations, which must be read, signed, and returned with the booking contract (Facility Use Agreement.)