Take your students on a captivating journey to discover Japanese culture, art, gardens, food and more. Each tour option can be docent-led or self-guided, but must have a reservation. Reserve today at 561-233-1330 or fill out the Tour Interest Form at the bottom of the page.
During the School Year
- Gallery Tour (Recommended for Grades 9-12): Explore the treasures of our galleries. Exhibits rotate every three months. Click here to view the current exhibits.
- Combination Tour (Recommended for Grades 6-12): Students tour the current exhibit , the Seishin-an Tea House, the dry garden, and receive an overview of the Yamato Colony
- NEW Garden Safari (recommended for grades K-5): Explore the sights and sounds of Roji-en: Garden of the Drops of Dew while discovering key concepts and design elements of Japanese gardens.
- Roji-en: Gardens of the Drops of Dew (Recommended for Grades 6-12): Stroll through six Japanese gardens and delve into their history and unique design elements. From the playfulness of the Shinden Garden to the structured composition of the dry gardens and finally to the western influences in the Modern Romantic Garden. This 7/8th of a mile journey is available from October to May. For Teacher Resources related to this tour, please see the link below
- NEW Full STEAM Ahead (Recommended for Grades 3-5): This STEAM-based program encourages scientific and mathematical inquiry, exploration and teamwork as students learn about Japanese garden design. It is available from October to May. Click here to see if your school is eligible for financial support through our MORY program. For Teacher Resources related to this tour, please see the link below
- Availability: Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 am, October – May for groups of 15 – 50.
- Price: $7.48 per student, $13.08 per adult (2 adults free) + tax.
- Lunch: A special student sized Japanese box lunch (bento) is available for take-out only at $8.00 per person ($1.00 with soft drink). For dine-in options or to arrange for lunch, please contact the Cornell Café at 561-233-1336.
- Teacher Resources: Teacher’s resource packets are available here with pertinent tour information.
- Questions: To inquire about a school tour, fill out our online tour interest form.
During the Summer
Summer Tour Plus:
- Docent-led Tours: Children take a guided tour through the galleries, and enjoy making a craft that reinforces the cultural lessons of our current exhibits. To learn more CLICK HERE for the 2019 Summer Tour Plus Flyer PDF
- Self-guided Tours: Visit the children’s exhibit in the Yamato-kan, Japan Through the Eyes of a Child, and enjoy the Japanese gardens – complete with bridges, stone lanterns, and colorful koi.
- Availability: Tuesday – Friday at 10:15am, June – Mid-August
- Price: $7.48 + tax per student, $13.08 + tax per adult (2 adults free).
- Reservations: Call 561-233-1330, beginning March 1st.
- Questions: To inquire about Summer Tour Plus, fill out our online tour interest form.
Are your children interested in music? Check out our Children’s Music Summer Camp Program
For general information, please click on the button below:Preparing for Your Visit
Helpful Tips When Visiting Morikami for Field Trips
- Build in extra time: Leave time to experience Morikami at an unrushed pace allowing time for questions and enjoyment of the surroundings after your visit. Plan at least an extra hour if you wish to see everything.
- Wear comfortable shoes: There is a lot of walking involved in visiting Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens.
- Plan for lunch: Lake Biwa Pavilion, which is located at the entrance to Morikami Park , is a covered area with facilities to accommodate school groups for lunch on a first come first served basis. While it is usually available during the week, reservations can be made by calling 561-966-6611. The museum does not have facilities to refrigerate or store lunches.
- Other important info: There are public restrooms in the park, as well as open areas to run off excess energy.