This level introduces kanji and starts with a review of hiragana and katakana. Part 1 focuses on reading and writing kanji before moving into the textbook in Part 2. Topics include, but are not limited to, planning a trip, talking about past experiences, and getting advice. Part 1-3 sessions of each level should be taken sequentially as a series.
- Each level has 3 parts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) which should be taken sequentially before you can move on to the next level.
Sundays, 12:40pm–1:50pm (7-week sessions):
- PART 1: Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3, 10, 17
- Content: review of hiragana and katakana, introduction to kanji reading and writing
- This course continues from the completion of the Nihongo: Japanese Language Level II series of classes. It provides further exploration into the Japanese language and culture.
- PART 2: Jan. 5, 19, 26, Feb. 2, 9, 16, 23
- Content: kanji, Unit 1
- This course continues from Part 1 of the Japanese Language Level III class series (October-November above).
- PART 3: Mar. 1, 8, 15, 29, Apr. 19, 26, May 3
- Content: kanji, Unit 2
- This course continues from Part 2 of the Japanese Language Level III class series (January-February above).
- Japanese for Busy People II (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568363868
- Japanese for Busy People II workbook (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568364025
Cost: $110 ($100 members)
Location: Classroom A
Both books should include the CD. Please bring with you on the first day of classes.
*Textbooks are not carried by the Museum Store
For questions determining your level, please contact: Lisa Niven, Education Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sumiko Uo is a Japan-born educator who currently teaches at Florida Atlantic University and taught previously at Florida International University. A student of language and traditional Japanese cultural arts, Ms. Uo has taught Japanese language, calligraphy, literature and cinema to both children and adults. Her classes will appeal to beginners, as well as those with basic knowledge of Japanese.