- Each level has 3 parts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) which should be taken sequentially before you can move on to the next level.
Sundays, 12:40pm–1:50pm (7-week sessions):
- PART 1: Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11, 18
- Content: review of hiragana and katakana, introduction to kanji reading and writing
- This course continues from the completion of the Nihongo: Japanese Language Level II series of classes. It provides further exploration into the Japanese language and culture.
- PART 2: Jan. 6, 20, 27, Feb. 3, 10, 17, 24
- Content: kanji, Unit 1
- This course continues from Part 1 of the Japanese Language Level III class series (October-November above).
- PART 3: Mar. 10, 17, 24, 31, Apr. 14, 28, May 5
- Content: kanji, Unit 2
- This course continues from Part 2 of the Japanese Language Level III class series (January-February above).
Cost: $100 ($90 members)
Location: Classroom A
Prerequisite: Nihongo Level II or instructor approval. Potential students must be able to read and write both hiragana and katakana.
• Japanese for Busy People II (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568363868
• Japanese for Busy People II workbook (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568364025
Both books should include the CD. Please bring with you on the first day of classes.
*Textbooks not carried by Museum Store
For further unit descriptions and textbook overview, please click here.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sumiko Uo is a Japan-born educator who currently teaches at Florida Atlantic University and taught previously at Florida International University. A student of language and traditional Japanese cultural arts, Ms. Uo has taught Japanese language, calligraphy, literature and cinema to both children and adults. Her classes will appeal to beginners, as well as those with basic knowledge of Japanese.