DATE Saturday, May 5, 2018
PRICE FREE with paid admission unless otherwise specified.
Celebrate Children’s Day with your family at the Morikami! Enjoy a day of fun crafts to celebrate Children’s Day
(Kodomo no Hi), held on May 5th each year. Make a hanging carp streamer (koinobori) or origami samurai helmet.
- Film Screening – Ponyo
- Times: 11:00am and 2:00pm
- Cost: $5 (with paid museum admission – children ages 3 and under free)
- Location: Morikami Theater
(Dubbed in English)
in conjunction with Children’s Day – Kodomo no Hi
Tickets are no longer available online, but will be available at the door.
Enjoy the adventures of Ponyo on the big screen! Perfect for audiences of all ages.
Ponyo centers on the friendship between five-year-old Sosuke and a magical goldfish named Ponyo, the young daughter of a sorcerer father and a sea-goddess mother. After a chance encounter, Ponyo yearns to become a human so she can be with Sosuke.For more Studio Ghibli Films Click Here
ALL DAY FREE ACTIVITIES
- Kabuto: Samurai Helmet –Library
Show your courage and strength important characteristics represented by the samurai helmet, kabuto. Create your own origami kabuto and be a warrior for the day.
- Koinobori: Carp Streamer – Classroom A
Make your own koinobori carp streamer to fly at home.
- Make a Wish on a Koinobori Scale! – Lobby
Write a wish on a koinobori scale to be displayed on our koinobori
- Get your own Sound Safari fan for cool fun in the gardens. Walk through the gardens and discover the world of Japanese sound effects. Fans are a $1 donation (All proceeds go towards Morikami education programs).
- Get a chance to feed the koi at the Yamato-kan
See the Morikami koi swim in a beautiful dance of color. $1 for fish food.