As you may know, the Japanese zodiac is very similar to the Chinese zodiac, with every year being represented by a different animal in a cycle of twelve. This year, at Oshogatsu, we’ll celebrate the Year of the Monkey for those born in 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, and of course, 2016! What better way to commemorate it than with a festive t-shirt?
That’s where you come in (yes, you!)—the hustle and bustle of festival season is upon us here at Morikami and we need your help in designing this year’s Oshogatsu T-shirt!
- JPEG or Illustrator PDF no larger than 11 x 15 in.
- Monochromatic design, as it will be printed using a one-color process (black on a t-shirt color)
- Gradients are allowed and will be converted to halftone dots by the printer
- Must incorporate a monkey and “2016” in some way!
- Must incorporate both the Morikami and Oshogatsu logos
- Must have a Japanese New Year’s theme or inspiration (think: Mochitsuki or daruma!)
- Submissions are due by Monday, January 4, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Got all that? Happy designing!