Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens welcomes all visitors, including people with disabilities, older adults, and veterans. Morikami is wheelchair accessible (but wheelchairs are not provided) in accordance with provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
- A push button is available to automatically open the main entrance door.
- The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens is predominately ADA accessible in all areas of the Museum and areas closest to the Main Museum. The garden path consists of compacted natural material and may not be suitable to every visitors’ ability to navigate the 7/8 mile in its entirety. Wheelchairs with larger than standard tires are recommended.
- Park benches are located throughout the gardens for all visitors’ comfort.
- Accessible parking is located near the museum’s main entrance.
- Ramp access to the gardens is located at the south end of the Cornell Café.
- Pets are not allowed inside the museum or garden. We comply with all ADA requirements and accept service animals as defined by the ADA. Service animals are defined as dogs or miniature horses that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals are not allowed as they are not classified as service animals by the ADA.