This concluding level uses more complex sentence structure and introduces new kanji and a review of kanji from previous levels. Topics and grammar points include, but are not limited to, using quotations, expressing potentiality, and making hypothetical statements.
Sundays, 1:50pm–3:00pm (7-week sessions):
- Fall Session: Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12
- Winter Session: Jan. 14, 21, 28, Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25
- Spring Session: Mar. 11, 18, 25, Apr. 8, 15, 29, May 6
Cost: $100 ($90 members)
Location: Classroom A
Prerequisite: Nihongo Level III or instructor approval. Potential students must be able to read and write hiragana and katakana and be familiar with kanji from Unit 1 & 2 of the required textbook.
• Japanese for Busy People II (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568363868
• Japanese for Busy People II workbook (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568364025
Both books should include the CD. Please bring with you on the first day of classes.
- Session 1: kanji, Unit 3
- Session 2: kanji, Unit 4
- Session 3: kanji, Unit 5
For further unit descriptions and textbook overview, please click here.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sumiko Uo is a Japan-born educator who currently teaches at Florida Atlantic University and taught previously at Florida International University. A student of language and traditional Japanese cultural arts, Ms. Uo has taught Japanese language, calligraphy, literature and cinema to both children and adults. Her classes will appeal to beginners, as well as those with basic knowledge of Japanese.