*New Seasons Dates & Registration will be posted on August 1, 2017
Session 1 Oct. 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov. 6, 13, 20, Dec. 4 SOLD OUT!
Session 2 Jan. 15, 22, 29, Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26, Mar. 5
Session 3 Mar. 12, 19, 26, Apr. 9, 23, 30, May 7, 14
Cost: $100 ($90 members)
Location: Classroom A
Prerequisite: Nihongo Level I or completion of Nihongo Japanese Intensive Workshop series or instructor approval. Potential students must be able to read and write hiragana.
• Japanese for Busy People I Kana Version (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568363851
• Japanese for Busy People Kana workbook (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568364018
Both books should include the CD. Please bring with you on the first day of classes.
*Textbooks not carried by Museum Store
- Session 1: Introduction to katakana, Units 6 & 7
- Session 2: Continue katakana, Units 8 & 9
- Session 3: Complete katakana, Units 10 & 11
For further unit descriptions and textbook overview, please click here.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sumiko Uo is a Japanese-born educator, an adjunct lecturer at Florida Atlantic University and a translator. A student of language and traditional Japanese cultural arts, Ms. Uo has taught Japanese language, calligraphy, literature and cinema to both children and adults. Her classes will appeal to beginners, as well those with knowledge of Japanese.