Sundays, 10:15am–11:25am (7-week sessions):
- Fall Session: Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12
- Winter Session: Jan. 14, 21, 28, Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25
- Spring Session: Mar. 11, 18, 25, Apr. 8, 15, 29, May 6
Cost: $100 ($90 members)
Location: Classroom A
• Japanese for Busy People I Kana Version (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568363851
• Japanese for Busy People Kana workbook (revised 3rd edition) ISBN: 978-1568364018
Both books should include the CD. Please bring with you on the first day of classes.
*Textbooks not carried by Museum Store
- Session 1: Introduction to hiragana, Unit 1
- Session 2: Continue hiragana, Unit 2 & 3
- Session 3: Complete hiragana, Unit 4 & 5
For further unit descriptions and textbook overview, please click here.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sumiko Uo is a Japan-born educator who currently teaches at Florida Atlantic University and taught previously at Florida International University. A student of language and traditional Japanese cultural arts, Ms. Uo has taught Japanese language, calligraphy, literature and cinema to both children and adults. Her classes will appeal to beginners, as well as those with basic knowledge of Japanese.