For the safety of our visitors, please see our updated security policy below:
|Duffle bags, backpacks, weapons, candles, airhorns, pyrotechnics, laser pointers, flashlights, pets, coolers, illegal drugs, outside food, outside drinks, No Smoking||All of the following items are subject to inspection: Chairs, diaper bags, camera cases, purses|
- What’s the difference between Lantern Festival and Bon Festival? In an effort to protect the safety of Morikami visitors and staff, we moved Bon Festival out of the often inclement and even dangerous Florida summer months. This meant re-imagining the event as a fall, rather than summer, festival. Read more about this at our blog.
- How can I buy tickets to Lantern Festival? Tickets are ONLY available online and may be purchased here beginning September 18 (member pre-sale) and October 2 (general admission). Tickets will NOT be available at the gate. Please visit our ticket page for full pricing schedule. Tickets are expected to sell out.
- When do the gates open and close? The event gates open at 4pm* and close at 8pm.
- Where are you located? We are located at 4000 Morikami Park Road in Delray Beach, just off of Jog Road between Linton Boulevard and Clint Moore Road. Click here to view map and directions.
- What happens if it rains? We are here rain or shine! Though the main museum building will be open for the evening, Lantern Festival takes place primarily outdoors. Be prepared to walk over grass and gravel. Lantern Festival is subject to Florida weather. Though the event starts in the cooler late afternoon, please remember to drink plenty of water and wear plenty of sunblock and bug spray to make your visit more comfortable. The Morikami Museum Store will have paper fans, bug wipes, cold bottled water, ponchos, and sunblock available for purchase the day of the festival.
- Do you have activities for kids? Yes, there will be children’s activities and field games for the young (and the young at heart!) to enjoy.
- Do you have first-aid available? Yes, first-aid will be available on site and indicated in the event program map.
- Do you provide wheelchairs for guests? Unfortunately, we are unable to provide wheelchairs for guests at Lantern Festival. We encourage guests in need of wheelchairs to bring their own on festival days. Though the main museum building will be open for the evening, Lantern Festival takes place primarily outdoors. Be prepared to walk over grass and gravel. Outdoor entertainment is wheelchair accessible.
- Do you accept credit cards at Lantern Festival? Credit cards are accepted at the food & beverage ticket station, Lantern Sales, the Museum Store and the Cornell Café. However, the cash only lines move more quickly than the credit lines as our credit card machines rely on remote satellite signal. We suggest bringing plenty of cash or using one of the on-site ATM machines. There are two located on site and indicated in the event program map.
- Can I purchase a lantern in advance? Lanterns cannot be purchased in advance. Lanterns can only be purchased at the event and cost $12 each (payable by cash or credit).
- Is the museum open the day of Lantern Festival? On Saturday, October 15, the museum will be closed until the event start time as we prepare for the festival.
- Are the gardens and museum open? Yes! On festival day you can experience the gardens PLUS all of the other activities we have planned for this special day. However, the museum galleries will be closed in order to protect the integrity of the artwork. In addition, the grounds will remain closed until the event opens at 3pm.
- Can I bring my pet? Unfortunately, pets are not allowed inside the festival grounds, museum or gardens. Documented service animals are permitted, but must be leashed at all times, as per the Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control Ordinance.
- Do members get in free? In an effort to improve your Lantern Festival experience by gathering an accurate count of visitors and further limiting admission to the festival, Morikami members will not receive free admission to the event. However, members have access to a limited amount of tickets before they go on sale to the public (member pre-sale from Sept. 18-Oct. 1). For more details, please email email@example.com.
- If I’m a member, do my guests get in free? If you’re a member and plan to bring guests to Lantern Festival, guests MUST purchase their tickets in advance. Please note that guests who are not covered by your membership must purchase general admission tickets. Tickets will NOT be available for purchase at the gate. Learn more about members’ priority access on the Members tab on this page.
- When is member pre-sale? Member pre-sale begins September 18 and ends October 1. During this time members may purchase tickets for themselves and any guests covered by their membership level. Once this pre-sale has ended members may purchase general admission tickets for themselves and their guests at the general admission ticket price. Purchased tickets are non-refundable but are transferable.
- Can I become a member at the festival? Yes, however, purchasing a membership does not grant you access to Lantern Festival. You must purchase tickets in advance, as there will be NO tickets sold at the gate. Full membership benefits can be found here.
Tickets And Pricing
- What do I need to bring to get in to Lantern Festival? Please bring a print-out of the ticket that was sent to you via email.
- Do kids get in free? Children 3 and under are admitted free. You must purchase a child ticket for anyone ages 4-10, or an adult ticket for anyone age 11 and over online in advance. Tickets are not available for purchase at the gate.
- Do you have group, student, senior citizen or military discounts for tickets? Sorry, no discounts are offered for festival admission.
- Can I get a refund for my online ticket if I can’t attend? Unfortunately, ticket sales are final and non-refundable. General admission tickets are transferable so you can give them to someone else – please make sure they bring with them, the actual print out of the ticket.
- How does parking work and how much does it cost? Parking is FREE and our on-site staff will direct you to an available space.
- Is there handicap parking? Yes, handicap parking is available. Please bring your handicap decal and display it visibly on your rearview mirror. Though the main museum building will be open for the evening, Lantern Festival takes place primarily outdoors. Be prepared to walk over grass and gravel. Outdoor entertainment is wheelchair accessible.
Food And Drink
- Can I bring my own food and beverages? We do not allow any coolers on the festival grounds. However, we have plenty of food and beverage vendors inside the festival.
- Do you sell alcohol? Yes, we have beer, wine, plum wine and sake available on-site. We will have an on-site Sake Station next to our Kirin Beer Garden.
- Will the Cornell Café be open? Yes, the Cornell Café is open and serving from a special festival menu.
- What kind of food is available on the grounds? Pan-Asian and American, as well as Japanese street fair favorites will be available. To find out more about what you can expect to see at a traditional ennichi street fair, check out the ennichi street fair tab on this page.