Hatsume Fair, a two-day event held on Saturday & Sunday, April 16 & 17 from 11:00am – 6:00pm, celebrates the first bud of spring and offers an extraordinary opportunity for you to showcase your artistic specialty to an anticipated 13,000 attendees. Hatsume is held outdoors surrounded by the 200-acre Morikami Park and Japanese Gardens and features arts & crafts and anime vendors.
- Early Bird Deadline: Apply by February 19, 2016 to receive 2 extra vendor badges and free electrical access!
- Regular Deadline: Apply by March 4, 2016 to avoid a late fee of $25.
- Final Deadline: No applications will be accepted after March 25, 2016.
ARTS & CRAFTS VENDOR
ACCEPTANCE & REFUND POLICY
Morikami reserves the right to accept only applicants whose product align with Morikami’s vision for Hatsume Fair. A limited number of vendor spaces are available. Applicants must abide by the following:
• Products must be of artisanal quality
• At least one featured product must be of Japanese influence.
• All exhibits must be consistent with works displayed in photos submitted for acceptance. We reserve the right to remove from display any material considered objectionable or not consistent with the application.
• Commercial or food vendors need not apply.
If you are accepted by the selection committee, you have a commitment to participate in the festival. We will send notification of acceptance via the email address provided on your application. If you would prefer to receive your acceptance via regular mail, you MUST include a SASE with your application. Please note there are NO REFUNDS for cancellations by applicants accepted.
If you are not selected, your credit card will not be charged. Checks will be voided and returned at the applicant’s request. The decision of the selection committee is final.
BOOTH RENTAL DETAILS
Vendors will be escorted to their pre-assigned booth space upon check-in. Please indicate on your application if you have a preferred booth assignment location and we will try our best to accommodate your request, however Morikami reserves the right to place vendors in the location that best fits the needs of the festival overall. If you require electricity in your tent, you must include the $30 electrical fee. Please note spaces with access to power will ONLY be provided to applicants who include the electrical fee at the time they submit their application; requests for a power-accessible booth made after an application is submitted or at the festival cannot be accommodated.
• Display and set-up areas may NOT exceed the 10’x10’ or 10’x20’ space allotted to you. We reserve the right to move any objects placed outside of the designated space.
• Only one vendor may utilize each space.
• Proceeds from vendor sales during the festival belong to the vendor.
Each participating artist is responsible for:
• An attractive display designed with South Florida weather and large crowds in mind.
• Collection of 6% Florida State Sales Tax on goods sold.
• Providing their own tents and/or any furnishings necessary for displaying their works. The Morikami DOES NOT supply tent or rental equipment. If you would like to rent equipment, we recommend the following vendor:
Tents ‘n’ Events
SPECIAL NOTE TO EXHIBITORS
• Smoking is prohibited within Morikami grounds.
• No pets are allowed on the premises at any time.
• Coffee will be provided at the beginning of the day on both Saturday and Sunday. Participating vendors are responsible for their own meals and beverages.
The Morikami, Inc. and the Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department, its staff and volunteers will not be held responsible for loss, theft, damage, acts of God, or vandalism of any individual’s property or works. The festival grounds are fully fenced-in but the Morikami does not provide overnight security.
EVENT SET UP AND BREAKDOWN
• Participants are strongly encouraged to set up on Friday, April 15, between 12:00pm and 4:00pm. Participants are not permitted on the grounds after 4:00pm on Friday, April 15.
• Vendor check-in will re-open at 8am on Saturday, April 16 and all booths must be completely set up before 10:30am that day. Vendors will be allowed on festival grounds at 9:30am on Sunday, April 19.
• Breakdown begins after 6:00pm on Sunday, April 17 and must be completed by 8:00pm.
Please note booths are NOT permitted to be broken down prior to 6:00pm on Sunday, April 17 for any reason.
Parking passes allowing parking in a designated area and maps will be provided to accepted vendors. Parking adjacent to booths or within the festival grounds is PROHIBITED. During event set-up, vehicles will be allowed on the grounds. However, all vehicles must be off the premises by 10am on both days.
For more information, contact Jessica Ortega at email@example.com or call 561-233-1319.
Additional information will be emailed to selected vendors by no later than April 1.